Multi pad Canvas (two Columns & five rows)

Hey Rooters

I’m dividing the canvas in two columns and five rows similar to the image attached with y-axis title same for all as in this image:

But when I plot the gap between lower pads and upper pads is very large. I set the margins but still facing the same problem. Also the title along y-axis is plotted with each pad separately in my case. But I want to plot it as single title for all as shown in the image above.

Also when I plot the data the labels on the Right margin as shown in the image below disappears.

Help me fix these problems. Thanks

Regards:
Sheheryar

Hi Sheheryar,

Nice plots.
You say you divide the canvas in 5 rows, but actually they are four: is this expected?
Could you please share a minimal reproducer that shows the behaviour you do not expect?
Adding in the loop @couet.

Cheers,
D

1 Like

Hi Danilo. Thanks for you reply.

Actually Yes, in that image there are 4 rows but I want 5 rows. But I the gap between upper and lower pads is very large. I want all the pads close to each other as in that image. Also the labels to the right.
Here’s what I get on screen:

This is just a sample just to address the problem.

Look at the gap and also there are no labels on the right margin. And the title is missing. Not plotting as I want.

@couet , @Danilo

If you could share the code then it’d be much easier to help you out. I think this line should solve space issue

c1->Divide(2,5,0,0);

For labels on right side you can add Y+ in your histogram draw option. You can refer to zones.C and canvas2.C files in your tutorials directory for better understanding. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
SPN

Can you provide a small example macro reproducing your problem ?