Minor issue with new ROOT 6.28/04

Hi there,

I just notice a minor issue with new ROOT 6.28/04.

I use rootlogon.C with:
gStyle->SetCanvasDefH(1300);
gStyle->SetCanvasDefW(1300);
When I turn Editor on:
c1->ToggleEditor();
the graph aspect ratio H:W changes from 1:1 to 1:0.875
It did not happen in prior versions.

To fix this I can redefine:
gStyle->SetCanvasDefH(1300);
gStyle->SetCanvasDefW(1462);
c1->ToggleEditor();

Is there a reason to this?

Best,
Luiz Regis

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

on which machine?

When you toggle the editor the canvas size does not change and the editor uses space on the graphics part of the canvas. Therefore the aspect ratio of the gr[ahics part changes. I do not think this has changed. May be @bellenot can confirm.

I am using Linux Fedora 37
uname -a
Linux zabriskie 6.2.14-200.fc37.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon May 1 00:57:50 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I meant the graph (x,Y) aspect ratio changes from 1:1 to 1:0.875 when I toggle Editor. This never happened before.

Best,
Luiz

see the pictures

Yes, as I said the window size stays the same and the editor appearing on the left takes space in the existing canvas/window. Therefore it reduces the horizontal space for graphics, and yes that changes the aspect ratio of the graphics part. But I think that’s always been like that.

That might be a side effect of this commit: Fix an issue with the canvas editor when the canvas is embedded (#12477) · root-project/root@77d0a99 · GitHub
I’ll look into it

The PR is there: Resize the canvas when displaying the editor by bellenot · Pull Request #12790 · root-project/root · GitHub

So this is now fixed in master (commit #f92e7c9) and in the v6-28-00-patches branch (commit #f4b01d3)
Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Luiz

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.