Memleak on HybridInstructional?

Dear experts,

while running a simple example using the HybridCalculator I am getting a memory leakage. In fact I also observe this on the HybridInstructional tutorial. It only appears on “Part 6” of the tutorial during the call to
hc2.GetHypoTest()
I guess what makes a difference concerning the code, between different parts of the tutorial is the test statistics (I mean, other parts of the tutorial do not leak on the the same method GetHypoTest() )

Is anyone aware of this?
(using 5.28a )

thanks for the help.

cheers, carlos

Hi Carlos,

I could reproduce this problem, it is true when running in part 6, where x and y are considered as simultaneous observables, the HybridCalculator leaks a lot of memory (hundreds of Mb)
I will investigate it. Thanks for reporting this problem

Best Regards

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo

do you have any hint on this? Apart from the tutorial I have a code based on HybridCalculator that leaks lot of memory when I import the model from a workspace generated through hist2workspace (while there is no problem If I create a simple model through factories in the code).

If there is any fix available I would be happy to test it.

thanks, Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I should have posted probably this before, but this was cause by a memory leak in RoOFIt which has been fixed by Wouter few weeks ago and before the 5.29.02 development release.
I have tried the tutorial and it is fine now. Please try in your case, and let me know if you still have a problem,

Best Regards

Lorenzo