macOS 11.6 arm64 Xcode 13

Hello all,

I was using the binary distribution of macOS 11.5 arm64 Xcode 12 without any problems. Very recently, I updated my OS to 11.6 and Xcode to 13.2. When I try to run $root now, it always reports fatal error of module files are outdated. Is it because the binary version of OS11.5 + Xcode12 does not support OS11.6+Xcode13?

Thank you very much,
Weili

$root
input_line_1:1:2: error: module ‘Darwin’ uses additional module map
‘/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/netinet6.modulemap’
used when the module was built
#include
^
input_line_1:1:2: note: imported by module ‘std’ in ‘/Users/wzleb/Software/root/lib/std.pcm’
Warning in cling::IncrementalParser::CheckABICompatibility():
Failed to extract C++ standard library version.
Warning in cling::IncrementalParser::CheckABICompatibility():
Possible C++ standard library mismatch, compiled with _LIBCPP_ABI_VERSION ‘1’
Extraction of runtime standard library version was: ‘’
input_line_2:1:2: fatal error: module file ‘/Users/wzleb/Software/root/lib/std.pcm’ is out of date and needs to
be rebuilt
#include “cling/Interpreter/RuntimeUniverse.h”
^
input_line_2:1:2: note: imported by module ‘Cling_Runtime_Extra’ in
‘/Users/wzleb/Software/root/lib/Cling_Runtime_Extra.pcm’
input_line_2:1:2: note: imported by module ‘Cling_Runtime’ in
‘/Users/wzleb/Software/root/lib/Cling_Runtime.pcm’
Replaced symbol atexit cannot be found in JIT!
Replaced symbol at_quick_exit cannot be found in JIT!
<<< cling interactive line includer >>>: fatal error: module file ‘/Users/wzleb/Software/root/lib/Darwin.pcm’ is out of date and needs
to be rebuilt

Exactly that, yes. Can you use a newer ROOT build, or if all fails build ROOT yourself?

Hi Axel
I have the same problem… Tried to rebuild ROOT from the source distribution. But it fails under the new Apple 12.0 DSK. Any suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.