Loading of library libASImage.so for TASImage failed in my environment

I installed per-compiled ROOT 6.24/02 in visual studio code with Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS and C/C++1.8.2

on my PC windows 11

I started using TH1F without any issue, but when I tried to create a simple histogram using TCanvas i got the error:

$ ./esercizio3.2 data.dat data.out***

***Media dei valori caricati tramite THF1: 30.2323***

***cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libtiff.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory***

***Error in <TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad>: failure loading library libASImage.so for TASImage***

***cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libtiff.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory***

*^C*

Loading of library libASImage.so for TASImage failed in my environment because TASImage is not present.

Is there a procedure to add it? I looked in forum for a solution but found nothing

Thanks

Rossella

_ROOT Version:6.24/02
Platform: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Compiler: Not Provided

What are you doing in your macro ? it seems you are generating a tiff image .
Can you try with an other format ? for instance jpeg or png ?

I tried to save my Histogram in other format (jpeg), but the problem in above. It is present even i do not save the histrogram in histo.jpeg or histo.png . The histogram is not built at all, because missing lib

It is a bit unclear… are you using Ubuntu or Windows ?

On Ubuntu, try: sudo apt-get install libtiff5

On my PC windows I installed " visual studio code " with Ubuntu
Then I installed pre-compiled ROOT directly in Ubuntu as explained on ROOT site
Root is working except for the Histogram creation that fails due to the missing lib

I had already tried “sudo apt-get install libtiff.so.5” and “sudo apt-get install libtiff.so.3” (as suggested in the blog) but both failed because the missing lib could not be located.
I have tried “sudo apt-get upgrade”. Some upgrades were downloaded but when I tried again to install missing lib nothing changed.

The name of the missing package is “libtiff5”.

solved!
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.