LaTeX integration and TGraph custom markers

Hi ROOTers,

I am not at all convinced I am the first one to think of these two features as very nice-to-have but I would like to post them anyway. If only to find out why there is possibly no way of doing that in ROOT. Or maybe I also missed something.

A) LaTeX integration

I was wondering why there is no feature to export ROOT plots as a combined .eps graph and LaTeX source code like possible in xfig. Text of any kind, especially formulas, axis labels/titles could be set by LaTeX in the way they are needed for a specific document which would yield a perfect integration. My experience with xfig is that this works very well. From my point of view, this would be a great improvement, especially for formulas.

B) Custom TGraph markers

It would be nice to have a possibility to define custom TGraph markers with different line width or as a combination of markers, error bars or other graphical objects. For instance a filled yellow squared marker with a black frame of adjustable line width or other more complicated combinations (I know that some similar effects can be achieved by plotting the same graph with different markers, but there seems to be no easy way to do the same in the legend etc.)

I am curious about the answers to that :slight_smile: Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Daniel

Sorry for the late answer I was on holidays.

In fact both requests you mention here are on the “todo” list. We simply had not time/manpower to implement them because of more urgent things to do before.
If you are willing to implement one or both of them we will collaborate to include them in ROOT.