I am currently facing a problem when compiling code with ROOT 6.18/00 (debug binary). Every time I try to compile a macro or a set of libraries, I get the following error:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL : fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x2E0 Error in <ACLiC>: Compilation failed!
I compile using a x86 Native Tools Command Prompt through the command .L macro.cpp++
I get the same error if I compile from Visual Studio directly or calling the VCVARSALL.BAT from a normal cmd prompt.
Just to be sure I built again root in my PC (using cmake) and also in this case I get the same error.
My Visual Studio configuration is the following:
- MSVC v142 - VS2019 C++ x64/x86 build tools
- Windows 10 SDK (10.0.18362.0)
- Windows 10 SDK (10.0.17134.0)
- Just-In-Time debugger
- C++ profiling tools
- C++ ATL for v142 build tools (x86 & x64)
- Test Adapter for Boost.Test
- Test Adapter for Google Test
- C++ Clang tools for Windows (8.0.0 - x64/x86)
Searching in the forum I have found other two posts with similar error:
I would be so grateful for any help!
Thanks a lot,
Platform: Windows 10
Compiler: Not Provided