How to use my .so file in a roofit script

I have defined a custom class using RooClassFactory::makePdf("RooBwbw","x,mass1,width1,mass2,width2,beta,argbeta"); and compiled it to generate a .so file.
I would like to know how to load and use this custom class in my RooFit scripts. Can anyone provide a detailed example or guidance on how to achieve this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

Thanks for the interesting post.
If you have your C++ code and want to compile a program that uses it, you are set and just need to follow the rules applying to all C++ projects.
If you wish to use custom classes in ROOT macros you need to make them known to ROOT. This can happen through dictionaries. In steps:

• Have a look to this documentation I/O of custom classes - ROOT
  • Generate a dictionary for your class with rootcling and generate a rootmapfile as well (this will be needed to load the library at runtime when interpreting macros). Please see the output of the rootcling -h command for more information about rootmaps.
  • Compile the dictionary and your custom class code in a shared library and put it in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH together with the rootmap file.

Let us know how this goes.

Cheers,
Danilo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.