How to print "@" in postscript?

Hello,

Apparently this question came up all the way back in 2001 for the character “#”. The problem is that I want “@” to appear in several entries in a TLegend on a TGraph, but when I save the plot as an eps, the “@” disappears. Apparently “@” is used to escape other characters in postscript.

So I tried “@@” but that didn’t work.

Then I searched the Root web site and found the aforementioned thread about “#”. The answer was to use TLatex. The TLatex root web page says:

“Note that TLatex objects are automatically recognized in histogram titles, axis titles, TPaves, etc.”

So the question is how to make “@” appear as a TLatex object within the TLegend. Neither the page nor my “not so short intro to Latex” pdf makes any mention of how to generate a “@”. I tried "$@$ (the @ disappears and leaves the $$), also “#@” and “#at” as a desperation move. None of these work.

Any hints?
-Phil D.

I think we should implement #at. There is an ugly way . Do \100 … it will be ok on PS but not on screen…

…actually, not. It worked out the opposite. It showed up as “@” on the screen and missing in the ps file!

-Phil D.

Hmm yes … you are right… when I do it with the editor it behave as I said, but in a macro it behaves as you say… give me time to investigate.

here it is:

{
   TCanvas *c1 = new TCanvas("c1", "c1",15,49,916,701);
   TLatex *   tex = new TLatex(0.5,0.5,"\\100");
   tex->Draw();
}

yes it is ugly… I am now looking at adding the #at symbol in TLatex.

[quote=“couet”]here it is:

{
   TCanvas *c1 = new TCanvas("c1", "c1",15,49,916,701);
   TLatex *   tex = new TLatex(0.5,0.5,"\\100");
   tex->Draw();
}

yes it is ugly… I am now looking at adding the #at symbol in TLatex.[/quote]

Forget my previous version of this post! The point is I can also put “\100” into my TLegend entry and it will work in the ps file.
Thanks!
-Phil D.

TLegend use TLatex so it should beahev the same as TLates ie:
On screen it appears as \100
on PS as @ …

It was simple to fix in TPostScript. With the svn trunk version you can now simply use “@” to print a “@”. Thanks to have reported it.