How to get the position signal of the proton

I want to get the position signal of the proton , it is like the Gauss distribution.

I guess @hschindl can help.

1 Like

It depends on the readout scheme of your detector and how you do the position measurement.

The simplest approach would be something like this:

• For each cluster along a track, calculate the electron and/or ion drift lines and determine the electrode at which they end up.
  • Count the number of electrons/ions arriving at each electrode (= integrated collected charge at each electrode).
  • Calculate the measured coordinate using the collected charges and fill a histogram.
  • Repeat the same steps for each track.
1 Like

Hiļ¼Œ
Thanks a lot for your reply and detail explanation
These procedure seem a little bit hard for me
Is there any examples for reference
The problem that the TRIM result notice killed error is still not solved, I will try to solve and would you please help to find the reason.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply and help.

Iā€™m afraid I probably donā€™t have a ready-made example that matches exactly your application (also Iā€™m not 100% sure what you want to simulate), but Iā€™ve just added a simple example that illustrates how to simulate drift lines from a ā€œTRIM trackā€:

You can remove/ignore the part concerning the weighting field/potential and the calculation of the induced current if you donā€™t need it.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply and help
The example is helpful and I want to get the current and proton position signal to compare which is the optimization result when I change different gas in the same condition.
My model is imported from the ansys ,I know it would be more complicated, a new weight lis files and maybe a transfer function to calculate the current ,So I will try to figure it out.
Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.