How to get the distribution of the beam spots

I want to set up a situation like this ,when the proton beam pass through the position gas ionization chamber, according the signal information collected by the copper strips in the X and Y direction, then finally get the distribution of the beam spots almost like the plot in the below. How should I do.

What exactly is plotted in this histogram?

It’s about the situation that when the proton beam passing through a position gas ionization chamber including X direction and Y direction copper strip as the electron collector like the plot below. while the coordinate information of the electrons collected in the copper strip on the two directions would be generated a distribution, I think it to be the beam spot, which can show the position information about the proton beam.

I guess @hschindl can help you.

It is just like when a electron passing through the X position plate would have a coordinate in the X direction, while the same as the Y position plate. Put the X coordinate and Y coordinate information together in one plot ,then we can get the specific position information of the electron as well as the whole distribution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.