How to calculate confidence level for multiple channels

Hello
I am a new user to RooStats and RooFit(v5.23). I am following tutorial rs201_hybridcalculator to calculate confidence level now. The tutorial shows the calculation for single channel, however, I have to calculate combined confidence level for 3 or more channels. Can anyone show me how to do it or tell me where to find some tutorials.

Thanks for your help!

Regards Hao

Hello,

In order to combine multiple channels in RooStats you should write you model as a RooSimultaneousPdf (attaching RooCategory to the samples analysed). The RooFit documentation explains it all on RooSimultaneousPdf. Alternatively, if you’re part of the CMS collaboration, you can use RooStatsCms to do that for you (contact me by email).

Cheers,

– Gregory

[quote=“liuhao”]Hello
I am a new user to RooStats and RooFit(v5.23). I am following tutorial rs201_hybridcalculator to calculate confidence level now. The tutorial shows the calculation for single channel, however, I have to calculate combined confidence level for 3 or more channels. Can anyone show me how to do it or tell me where to find some tutorials.

Thanks for your help!

Regards Hao[/quote]