Histogram labels

I saved a canvas with some histograms drawn in it as canvas.C, then when I process the file I get just the same picture, as it should be. But if I try then to save it as a postscript, labels on x-axis of all the histograms disappear. Could someone explain me why? How could I avoid this?
using 3.03/09 on RedHat.

Sara Vecchio

Can you send an example showing the problem ?

I send you just the whole file, though it is a bit long. I am afraid to add some more problem if I modify it.
June.C (79.5 KB)

Hello,

I have executed your macro on my linux machine with the ROOT version 3.10/00. I generated the PS file from the File menu in the Pad. For me the PS file generated is fine (see attached file). Seems to me this should be the same with any ROOT version. Can you tell me which ROOT version you are using and on which platform ?
small.ps (223 KB)

[quote=“couet”]Hello,

I have executed your macro on my linux machine with the ROOT version 3.10/00. I generated the PS file from the File menu in the Pad. For me the PS file generated is fine (see attached file). Seems to me this should be the same with any ROOT version. Can you tell me which ROOT version you are using and on which platform ?[/quote]

ROOT version 3.03/09, Red Hat 7.2
I have tried again: both eps and ps file, generated from the File menu in the Pad still give me the same problem: I don’t see any number in the x-axis.

Your ROOT version is one year old. Can you try with a more recent one ? Is the PS I sent you correct for you also ? Can you send me the PS file you get with 3.03/09 ?

I’ll try to use a newer version, but it would be uncomfortable. I need this root version to run the antares-daq software (newer version seems to give some problem and it takes me too long to understand why), then I should switch from one to the other depending on what I am doing.

The ps you sent me is the correct one (just another problem: what’s wrong in the first histogram? Wher SetOptStat should be placed to work well? I change it after processing the file, at the moment). I sent you my result.
June.ps (237 KB)

I just tried with 3.05 on an other machine and the result is fine too. I also looked at your PS file code, the X labels are simply not there. I thought first that they might be very small or outside the paper range but no, there are not at all in the file. That’s really strange. The macro you sent me looks fine. Moreover it has been generated automatically so it cannot be wrong. Just for a try it would be interresting if you could test the macro you sent me with a more recent version of ROOT. I understand that it is not a good solution for you but at least it will help us to understand the cause of this problem. For me all is fine here.

Hi Sara,

Could you send a canvas.root file containing a copy of your canvas?

Rene Brun

[quote=“brun”]Hi Sara,

Could you send a canvas.root file containing a copy of your canvas?

Rene Brun[/quote]

Tomorrow I’ll try to use a newer version
burstpermin.root (241 KB)
from_burstpermin.root (15.2 KB)
from_macro.root (15.4 KB)

I have no problems with your 3 files to view the canvases big and small
and produce the Postscript files. I used versions 3.05/07 and 3.10

Rene

3.05/07 gives me too the right EPS output. But what should I do now?
switching between two versions every time? Is there any kind of function that is able to force labels to appear? Or just using the mouse!