Having trouble with include path in vs code on lxplus

I’m having trouble getting my vs code to find certain source files on lxplus. Specifically (included in correction.h) and <string_view> (included in correction_version.h).

I’m using CMSSW_12_5_2_patch1 and have tried including everything from my $ROOT_INCLUDE_PATH in the c_cpp_properties.json file used by vs code. My assumption was that anything root needed would be included, but vs code is still unable to find it.

My code using correction.h is working as long as I’ve use cmsenv in the CMSSW src directory. So there must be somewhere root is finding these files that I, or rather vs code, can’t find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can use intellisense without always having an error message.

Thanks,
David

_ROOT Version: 6.24/07

Dear @aoverton ,

I usually set up intellisense with ROOT libraries and it works. I believe this post is relevant in the discussion.

In particular, something else you might want to try is to place the path to compile_commands.json in the c_cpp_properties.json file. This should be found in the build directory. I am unsure though about its presence in the CMSSW environment.

Cheers,
Vincenzo