Having Trouble While Installing Root Software On My PC

Greetings to all, This is Jayson, a new member on this forum. I am having a problem installing Root software on my Windows 10 PC. I have downloaded the software, but when I am trying to install this, I am getting this error message “Unable to make changes to your software, The software change returned error code 0x643.” Does anyone have any idea about this issue? I am utterly confused about getting the issue. Please help

What exactly did you download (what file, from which page/link), and how are you trying to install it?
ROOT 6 will not simply install and run on Windows 10 like any software you download; you can either run it with VisualStudio or with WSL (Linux on Windows); for WSL (which I prefer, but depends on each user :slight_smile: ), check out this thread:

1 Like

But its my Windows 10 PC, then how can I able to install this?

Try this

1 Like

Hello this is Gulshan Negi
Well, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. These include running the installer as an administrator, temporarily disabling antivirus software, cleaning up temporary files, checking for conflicting installations and repairing the Windows Installer service.
I hope it will help you.
Thanks