Gain matching of gamma ray spectrum

Hello,
I have a gamma spectrum corresponding to 16 Ge detectors. The data is in approximately 300 root files (run by run). I am sorting this data using TProof in batch mode. During the experiment, there is a shift in the peak for different detectors and different runs also. For example, if we consider the background peak for 208Tl, it should be at 2614 keV. But it is shifted in all the root files. I want this peak to be exactly at 2614 keV for all the detectors run by run. Kindly help me with this.

Hi @Shaffy ,
and welcome to the ROOT forum!
If I understand your question correctly, it is not strictly related to the ROOT framework per se but it’s more of a question of how to perform the analysis correctly given your data.

Although there might be people here that can help, maybe consider reach out to members of your collaboration about this. Then given a strategy or an algorithm we can definitely help with any technical hurdle that might arise in implementing it.

Cheers,
Enrico

Thank You for the reply @eguiraud
If I have two similar histograms and the one is shifted by some channel numbers. For example: In one histogram the peak is at 2600 and in the other, it is shifted to 2650. How we can shift them to the same channel number as I have to add the two in the end?

Hi @Shaffy ,
@couet or @moneta might know whether there is a quicker/automatic way, but you can access the bin contents e.g. with GetBuffer and GetBufferLength and manipulate the directly to perform the shift.

Cheers,
Enrico

I do not think there is a better/faster way. If you search the forum you will find many answers. For instance there is this one from René.

Thank You @eguiraud @couet and @moneta for the response.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.