Error in TBrowser and Colours not displayed

Hello,

I am having an issue with the TBrowser since I moved to CC7 and ROOT 6.12.06 (issue is still present in 6.16.00).

I have a ROOT file with many TCanvas saved, containing THStacks, Histograms and a TLegend.
When I open any TCanvas which is not the first one in the file (first one in the first TDirectory containing TCanvas), the colours are not displayed (e.g. h_k_m_colourless.png).
If I then open this first TCanvas in the file, colours are fine and any further TCanvas that I open looks fine (e.g. h_k_m_coloured.png, which is the same one as the colourless).

At the same time, when closing them, I receive the following error:
Error in <TList::Clear>: A list is accessing an object (0x7846c70) already deleted (list name = TList)

I assume those are related since I had none of those problem before.

Thanks for any help.

h_k_m_colourless.png:

h_k_m_coloured.png:

LCG93

_ROOT Version: 6.12.06
_Platform: CC7
_Compiler: gcc7.3.0

Can you post the root file containing these canvases ?

Yes, you can find it here
https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/C141zy0iPdDOx4C

@couet

I guess, problem is clear. Most probably, custom colors are used in the code. Custom colors are written into first TCanvas instance, but not in all consequent instances.

Yes but according to @nlurkin it seems a new problem … Seems to me it should have been that way since ever.

Yes I confirm that I have never seen this while using scl6/ROOT6.08.00 previously

Not really.
In previous ROOT versions custom colors always were written in each TCanvas.
Now there is function TColor::DefinedColors(). It remembers (in static member) how many colors were written last time. Only if numbers of new colors exceed 50, list of colors will be written again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.