Error in running fit tutorial macro combinedFit.C

Hi…
I want to do simultaneous fitting of different particle spectra, where fitting function have few parameters common and few different. I was trying following tutorial macro :
http://root.cern.ch/root/html534/tutorials/fit/combinedFit.C.html
when i try to run it i get error :

root [0] .x combinedFit.C Error: Can't call Fitter::FitFCN(6,globalChi2,0,dataB.Size()+dataSB.Size(),true) in current scope combinedFit.C:115: Possible candidates are... Error: class,struct,union or type Fitter not defined combinedFit.C:115: filename line:size busy function type and name *** Interpreter error recovered *** root [1]
I tried to search for FitFCN function with these arguements in class reference… there is no such function documented …

// N.B. this macro must be compiled with ACliC

ok… sorry…
On the same lines Can I fit the TGraphErrors ??

See the TGraph::Fit method description.

I have little confusion in this example…
as far as I understood ACLIC gives the access to compiler of the system and thus I thought it could be used only for compiling and creating shared libraries for source code from CINT interpreter itself . However , in this particular case, It is somehow providing the overloaded function FitFCN , which is as such not defined for ROOT::Fit::Fitter Class ? What is exactly happening here ??

ACLiC compiles the source code of the macro “on the fly”, loads the resulting shared library and executes the requested function (so yes, it adds new compiled functions, classes, …, to the interpreter).

BTW. In your previous post … if you asked about replacing “TH1D” objects with “TGraphErrors” objects in the “combinedFit.C” tutorial then, yes, you can do it. There should be no problems (well, maybe you need to use Draw(“ALP”) when painting them in the end of the macro).

Ok… Thanks …