ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths! Invoking: LC_ALL=C x86_64-linux-gnu-g++-7

Hello!
I downloaded the root binary “root_v6.14.04.Linux-ubuntu18-x86_64-gcc7.3.tar” on Ubuntu app on windows. The Ubuntu and gcc version are compatible. I have also put the source path of thisroot.sh in the .bashrc but when I try to run root happen this:

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
LC_ALL=C x86_64-linux-gnu-g+±7 -O3 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk ‘/^#include </,/^End of search/{if (!/^#include </ && !/^End of search/){ print }}’ | GREP_OPTIONS= grep -E “(c|g)++”
Results was:
With exit code 256

Does anyone know how to solve it?
Thank you
Chiara

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

It looks like some incompatibility of the binaries and the system you are running them on.

It is an option for you to build ROOT from sources in that system?
https://root.cern.ch/building-root

What is the output of x86_64-linux-gnu-g++7 --version? Do you have grep and awk installed?

Hi all, thanks to answer. In the end there were some of the prerequisite that was missing/not updated.
Everything is working fine now :slight_smile:
Thank you so much anyway!

Hi,Chiara_Grieco!
I met the same problem as you did, but I still don’t know how to solve it ,can you tell me what prerequisites should be installed?
thankyou
best
carr

Hi Carr!
I follow the list in the root webpage, here is the link:
https://root.cern.ch/build-prerequisites
I just went installing one by one all of them, also the not mandatory one.
Sometimes it required me something else to install some of them and I installed everything it needed.

Hope this can help you!

Best,
Chiara

Hi Chiara_Grieco,
Sorry to reply so late,I solved the problem on another computer a week ago by doing what you said and some other operations(I don’t remember what…).Now I want to build root on my pc,this problem occur again ,I again installed all the requisites one by one,but this error still haunts me,the following is what I get after running root.

root_version:6.18
Platform:ubuntu 18

hcx@hcx-X550JX:~$ root
ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
  LC_ALL=C x86_64-linux-gnu-g++-7  -O3 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk '/^#include </,/^End of search/{if (!/^#include </ && !/^End of search/){ print }}' | GREP_OPTIONS= grep -E "(c|g)\+\+"
Results was:
With exit code 256
   ------------------------------------------------------------
  | Welcome to ROOT 6.18/00                  https://root.cern |
  |                               (c) 1995-2019, The ROOT Team |
  | Built for linuxx8664gcc on Jun 25 2019, 09:22:23           |
  | From tags/v6-18-00@v6-18-00                                |
  | Try '.help', '.demo', '.license', '.credits', '.quit'/'.q' |
   ------------------------------------------------------------

root seems to work ok, but I really want this error disappear.
any suggestion will be appreciated!
best,
carr

I changed the way this check works recently. Can you please try with the current master branch? As long as you have sed installed, the new check should work regardless of you locale settings. Cheers,

Hi amadio,
Thanks for your reply,I do have sed installed ,and I run root in both / directory and ~ directory,but I still get this error message.I’m not quite good at computer science,what does this message tells me and how to make this error disappear?
best,
carr

Are you getting an error message with awk and grep? If yes, then you are not using the fixed version of ROOT, please do a git pull in you clone of the repository.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.