Error compiling Root6 on OS X Yosemite

Hello,

I am trying to install Root v 6.00.02 on OS X Yosemite and get the following error during compilation:
/usr/root_v6.00.02/graf2d/cocoa/src/ROOTApplicationDelegate.mm:10:28: error: cannot initialize a parameter of type ‘id’ with an lvalue of type
’ROOTApplicationDelegate *’
[NSApp setDelegate : self];
^~~~
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSFileManager.h:109:47: note: passing argument to parameter ‘delegate’ here
@property (assign) id delegate NS_AVAILABLE(10_5, 2_0);
^
1 error generated.
make: *** [graf2d/cocoa/src/ROOTApplicationDelegate.o] Error 1

I have installed the pre-requisites: XCode, XQuartz, MacPorts, fftw, gfortran.

My configure options are
–enable-builtin-lzma --enable-builtin-pcre --enable-cintex --enable-explicitlink --enable-gdml --enable-genvector --enable-tmva --enable-unuran --enable-xft --enable-minuit2 --enable-mysql --enable-oracle --enable-python --enable-reflex --enable-roofit --enable-table --enable-builtin-freetype --with-f77=gfortran --enable-fftw3

So I guess you installed the xcode command line tools with :

xcode-select --install

Also you cleaned the ROOT source with “make disclean” before recompiling ?

[quote=“devdatta”]Hello,

I am trying to install Root v 6.00.02 on OS X Yosemite and get the following error during compilation:[/quote]

That’s a compilation error, not a configuration problem. It was fixed in July so if you try the latest 6.02 (root-6-02-00-patches) it should work. Otherwise, if you can not update your source - use --disable-cocoa option while configuring ROOT to build non-Cocoa version (requires X11/XQuartz).

Just for a reminder, when going to Yosemite I had to:

1. re-install Xquartz
  2. take the latest x code and do xcode-select --install
  3. Clean completely the ROOT install directory (I did an rm even).
  4. re-install ROOT.