Compiling ROOT with roofit enabled

I have been trying to compile my current root version with roofit enabled. I am using root version 5.34 on mac os x yosemite. I downloaded roofit using version 2-05 for root5. I did the following commands from the sourceforge webpage:

unix> cp roofitvXYZroot5kit.tar $ROOTSYS
unix> cd $ROOTSYS
unix> rm –rf roofit/
unix> tar –xvf roofitvXYZroot5kit.tar
unix> make

and also did:
./configure macosx64 --enable-mathmore --enable-roofit

since I have never compiled root for roofit enabled.

When I do “make” I obtain the following error:

Makefile:756: /opt/root/root/roofit/roofitcore/Module.mk: No such file or directory
Makefile:756: /opt/root/root/roofit/roofit/Module.mk: No such file or directory
Makefile:756: /opt/root/root/roofit/roostats/Module.mk: No such file or directory
Makefile:756: /opt/root/root/roofit/histfactory/Module.mk: No such file or directory
make: No rule to make target `/opt/root/root/roofit/histfactory/Module.mk’. Stop.

I also noticed that if I go to /opt/root/root/roofit/ I do not have the roofitcore, roofit, roostats, or histfactory directories. I only have the follow:

Module.mk roofit2.05.src.tgz

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RooFit (v3.60) is bundled in the ROOT 5.34 distribution and you should NOT try to replace it with another version.
Try to configure your ROOT using (note that “mathmore” requires GSL version >= 1.10):
./configure --enable-soversion --all
Afterwards, in the “config.log” file check the line which begins with “Result: Enabled support for” and see if you have “mathmore” and “roofit” among enabled features.