Clip polyline to histogram frame?

Hi,

I’m drawing a TPolyLine inside a histogram and would like to have it “clip” at the frame boundary. See the dashed line in the attached figure. Is there a simple way to do this? The gray vertical bands and gray horizontal line are actually implemented by filling the underlying histogram. Inelegant(?) but it works. However, I’m not eager to attempt the same thing with the dashed line.

The clipping is done on the pad limit only. What you are asking here is clipping on the frame limits (the frame is inside the pad. It defines the area in which the histograms are drawn). Looking at your plot it looks very simple to draw the dashed lines inside the frame only. Is there any reasons which prevent you to do that ?

Hi Olivier,

The picture that you see is zoomed in to show the effect that I want to get rid of. The dashed lines in the picture are actually part of a box that extends from 1.0 to 5.0 on the horizontal axis and from (approximately) 0.4 to 1.9 on the vertical axis. This box is meant to demarcate a fiducial volume and users are allowed to zoom on the horizontal and vertical axes to inspect the event. It’s true, for this particular shot I could’ve drawn a TPolyLine that stops at the edge of the pad. But, I don’t know how to do that when the user zooms in and out arbitrarily. Hope this is clear!

mike

ah ok … that’s after a zoom … I get it now.