Circular binning

Hi everyone,

I would like to learn if there is any possibility to make any plot with circular bins instead of square.
You can look at the histogram as an example.

Many thanks,
Çağlar

You can try the the option “COL POL

Or use a TH2Poly

Example of 'circular bins" with a TH2Poly.

Thanks for your interest.
Maybe it’s better if I tell my aim. So I want to make histogram with circular bin (colpol is useful but too divided!) so that I can compare the each circle and their density and also let’s say for the second circle I would like to divide same area as for the first circle. I hope I am clear enough :worried:

You define “how much it is divided”… COL POL simply uses the number of bins you have in your histogram.

Exactly! But I don’t want these lines in histogram. Let’s think like this-> First remove lines then I have just circles right ? Then I would like to divide the second circle into 3 so that I can have same area as the first circle! What’s your opinion now ?

And third circle is divided by 5 so on! Then I will have same area all over the histogram.

1. Right now it is not possible to remove these lines
  2. As I said the circles’ divisions follow the regular binning of a normal TH2. If you want a special binning you should use TH2Poly. It was invented for that.

I will try to figure out then. Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.