Can I set an axis to log2 scale?

Hello,
I’m trying to set an axis to base-2 log (NOT the base-10 log that’s provided by TPad.SetLogx()). I’ve seen a posts on this forum from 2010 saying it’s on the todo list but I can’t find documentation for it. Is this supported?
If not, could someone suggest how I can do it? Otherwise I’ll have to revert to matplotlib :disappointed:
Thanks!
Debbie

I am not aware of such feature. I think you should open a bug report on JIRA to keep track of this request.

Only base-10 log axis are available. Drawing the axis using TGAxis will be possible using the Tgaxis constructor with a “function” but that’s only half of the the problem, you will then have to change the data you want to plot to log-2. With log-10 all this is automatic.

Thanks everyone! It looks like this has been on the request list for a long time - I’ll open a bug report as suggested. I think it would be a very useful feature.

Hi Debbie,

Nice to see you here :slight_smile: I’m curious to hear the use case! Let me guess: ncores versus something?

Cheers, Axel.

Actually there is already a report. https://sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-32

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.