Bytecount too large

Hello ,

I’m trying to create a RooDataSet of a ntuple 1,24 GB, But root return the error message below

Processing MakeDataset.C…

RooFit v3.60 – Developed by Wouter Verkerke and David Kirkby
Copyright © 2000-2013 NIKHEF, University of California & Stanford University
All rights reserved, please read http://roofit.sourceforge.net/license.txt

(MakeDataset) @0x55e62e167b60
root [1] MakeDataset t
(MakeDataset &) @0x7f4b982cf020
root [2] t.Loop()
Error in TBufferFile::WriteByteCount: bytecount too large (more than 1073741822)
Error in TBufferFile::WriteByteCount: bytecount too large (more than 1073741822)

how can I fix it?

We are unable to help you with so little information about your problem. Please state at least the version of ROOT you are using, the OS, and attach the script you are trying to run.

I’m using root v5-34, OS=Windows10,<a class=“attachment” MakeDataset.C (5.1 KB)
MakeDataset.h (21.8 KB)

I try create a Dataset with only one variable but it still doesn’t working.

I cannot try to reproduce your problem because I do not have the input file. From your macro it is unclear to me what you are trying to do. Do you want to fill a TTree with a variable from your dataset? If yes, there is a problem with your macro. I don’t see anywhere a place where you fill your data in, only adding variables to a RooFit dataset.

I want to fill my dataset with variables of my tree. I need create a dataset to make a background subtraction with splot on roofit.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.