Black rectangle over histograms

I trying to plot 8 histograms on one canvas, but I am getting black rectangles over almost whole histograms (I put example image into attachement). I have cut out part of the code to reproduce the problem on smaller macro:

[code]#include “TROOT.h”
#include “TStyle.h”
#include “TCanvas.h”
#include “TFile.h”
#include “TString.h”
#include “TH1.h”
#include

void reco_compare_problem_mincode()
{
TObjArray Hlist(0);
TString histname, histitle;
std::ostringstream ss;

// create histograms
TH1F* x_pot_h[8];
for (Int_t i=0; i<8; i++){

ss.str("");
	ss << i;

histname = "pot " + ss.str() + ", \\Delta x[mm] ";
	histitle = "pot " + ss.str() + "; \\Delta x[mm]; dN/dx";

x_pot_h[i] = new TH1F(histname, histitle, 100, -0.2, 0.2);
	Hlist.Add(x_pot_h[i]);
}

// fill histograms
for (Int_t i=0; i<3; i++)
{
	  for (int iPot=0; iPot<8; iPot++){
			x_pot_h[iPot]->Fill(0.0);
		}
}

TFile f("ALFA_control_plots_test.root","recreate");
Hlist.Write();

// draw histograms
TCanvas *c4 = new TCanvas("c4","Root Canvas",1200,760);
c4->Divide(4,2);
gStyle->SetOptStat(1111110);

c4->cd(1);
x_pot_h[0]->Draw();
c4->cd(2);
x_pot_h[2]->Draw();
c4->cd(3);
x_pot_h[4]->Draw();
c4->cd(4);
x_pot_h[6]->Draw();
c4->cd(5);
x_pot_h[1]->Draw();
c4->cd(6);
x_pot_h[3]->Draw();
c4->cd(7);
x_pot_h[5]->Draw();
c4->cd(8);
x_pot_h[7]->Draw();

f.Close();

}[/code]

The rectangles are present in both canvas and histograms stored in the file.
I am running under Atlas Offline (Athena) 19.0.2 on lxplus, I have tried other versions, without change. The problem seems to be related/caused by my style settings in rootlogon.c:

{// Add my own options here: TStyle* mcStyle = new TStyle("mcStyle","Custom style"); mcStyle->SetPalette(1,0); // avoid horrible default color scheme mcStyle->SetOptDate(0); mcStyle->SetLabelSize(15,"xyz"); // size of axis value font mcStyle->SetTitleSize(16,"xyz"); // size of axis title font mcStyle->SetTitleFont(43,"xyz"); // font option mcStyle->SetLabelFont(43,"xyz"); mcStyle->SetTitleOffset(2,"xy"); // default canvas options mcStyle->SetCanvasDefW(500); mcStyle->SetCanvasDefH(500); mcStyle->SetCanvasColor(0); // canvas... mcStyle->SetCanvasBorderMode(0); mcStyle->SetCanvasBorderSize(0); mcStyle->SetPadGridX(0); // grids, tickmarks mcStyle->SetPadGridY(0); mcStyle->SetPadTickX(1); mcStyle->SetPadTickY(1); mcStyle->SetPadBorderMode(0); mcStyle->SetPadColor(0); mcStyle->SetFrameBorderMode(0); gROOT->SetStyle("mcStyle"); cout << "Styles are Set!" << endl; return; }
However, I do not see the problem.
Strange is, this happens only to some sets of histograms (the first few being drawn).

The macro you sent me produces the attached plot with both ROOT 5.34 and ROOT 6.
It looks fine… no black rectangles

Try to run your macro with the line “f.Close();” commented out (i.e. “removed”).

@Wile: I ran the macro with the line f.Close() and I do not see the black rectangles.

Thank you for trying. Did you try it with rootlogon.c, I posted? Because it seems to be causing the black rectangle. I have been using the style setting for quite some time, however and it was ok until I used the macro in the post.

@Wile: I tried to comment out the f.Close() and nothing changed.