Ask: a problem to read in the RooWorkspace

Dear Rooters,

Currently, I am using RooStat to calcualte the upper limit.

I can successfully calculate the upper limit without including systematics.

But once I try to include the systematics, it crashes when read the RooWorkspace.
I checked the input file by using root command line and get the RooWorkspace without any problem.

Once I comment off the systematics lines (in attached xml file ):

Everything goes fine.

So I really have no idea what’s wrong with my procedure.
I paste the xml files at the bottom of this email, and attach the input file and the error message.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Lei

P.S. The top level xml:

./xmlFiles/roostat_input_WH120_674_weight.xml

SigXsecOverSM

Channel xml:

Error_message.txt (91.6 KB) WH_combined_weight_H120_combined_AllSYS_model.root (77.7 KB)

Hi,
It looks to me as a version mis-match between the ROOT version you have used to create the workspace and the one you are using for reading it. Which versions are you using ?

Lorenzo

Dear Lorenzo,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am using root-v32.
Actually, I have also tested it with root-v34, but it still doesn’t work.
Do you have any suggestions for me to test in further?

Cheers

Lei

Hi,

Could you please upload or give us some pointer to the data histograms that you use to create your workspace so we can try to reproduce the error that you have? In other words, point us to the InputFile used in this tag:

Could you also be more specific as to the command that you run which causes the crash? Is the workspace that you attached one that crashes? Because I’m able to download the root file workspace, open it up, examine the workspace, extract the pdf and data, and successfully fit the pdf to the data (using Root 5.32).

Cheers,

• George