Aida generated histogram style

Hiya, I’m using a modified version of testem5 in geant to pop out some histograms.

Now they come out a bit like scatter plots with error margins and such by default. screenshot of one attached below.

My question is seemingly simple, but I am unable to find it in the documentation: how do i get solid lines in those histograms so that peaks are better visible (except by copying them bin by bin to a new histogram) draw(“l”); doesnot do the trick.

dl.dropbox.com/u/2507151/screenshot40.png

I would really just rather have them looking as the default histos in root.

help is appreciated!

h->Draw("e");
h->Draw("l same"); 

[quote=“couet”] h->Draw("e"); h->Draw("l same"); [/quote]
I’ve tried just that… but it does not work :frowning: weird…

well if i rewrite the histo into a new one with the same limits it comes out right but feels a bit cludgy.

Can you send a small script reproducing the problem ?

Hi, sorry for taking so long with the reply, but this is still unresolved for me (i can work around it by making a new histogram but that is really tedious and I have many of these plots)

so here is the script which makes the plot i posted earlier (root files made by aida included)

dl.dropbox.com/u/2507151/example.zip

any help greatly appreciated.

Can you make sure your macro is running ? I get:

Error in <TFile::TFile>: file ../IncidentSpectra/full.root does not exist
Error: illegal pointer to class object incidentData 0x0 81  problemplot.C:29:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

[quote=“couet”]Can you make sure your macro is running ? I get:

Error in <TFile::TFile>: file ../IncidentSpectra/full.root does not exist Error: illegal pointer to class object incidentData 0x0 81 problemplot.C:29: *** Interpreter error recovered *** [/quote]
whoops sorry, that is just because the full.root file is in the same zip package root and not in the separate folder as when i ran the code originally.

I wrote in the meanwhile a class that makes a new histo with the “exact same settings” as far as i can think of of a given histogram from aida, and that comes out right. very weird.

ok fine. Can you please send the working macro ?

I can do that later when I get home. Just removing “…/IncidentSpectra/” will fix it I think.

I prefer you do the mode yourself because the file full.root is referenced twice in your macro (from two different directories). I’ll wait you send me a running example.