6.14/02 build problem in AfterImage

Previously I was struggling to install root-6.14.00 due to TBB error. So when I got to know that there is a patch release I deleted all the files of root-6.14.00 and downloaded root-6.14.02 and started to installed the patch release version. Configuration was successful but make command gave me the following error.

[ 0%] Performing configure step for ‘AFTERIMAGE’
CMake Error at /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root-6.14.02-build/AFTERIMAGE-prefix/src/AFTERIMAGE-stamp/AFTERIMAGE-configure-RelWithDebInfo.cmake:16 (message):
Command failed: Permission denied

‘./configure’ ‘–prefix’ ‘/home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root-6.14.02-build’ ‘–libdir=/home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root-6.14.02-build/lib’ ‘–with-ttf’ ‘–with-afterbase=no’ ‘–without-svg’ ‘–disable-glx’ ‘–with-builtin-ungif’ ‘–with-jpeg’ ‘–with-builtin-jpeg’ ‘–with-png’ ‘–with-builtin-png’ ‘–with-tiff=no’ ‘CC=/usr/bin/cc’ ‘CFLAGS=’

See also

/home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root-6.14.02-build/AFTERIMAGE-prefix/src/AFTERIMAGE-stamp/AFTERIMAGE-configure-*.log

Kindly Help. I am tryi to install root from past one week or so.

Use cmake instead of configure. More information here.

I think only for root lower than root-6 configure command works. So I used cmake

mkdir root-build cd root-build
cmake ../root-6.14.02 make

It configured well with cmake and upon make it gave following errr which I mentioned in my previous comment.

You seem to have a problem with permissions, but it’s hard to guess what since the error is inside the log file listed at the end of your message after See also.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.