TGTab, several tabs issue -> solution?

Hello,
I am wondering if a solution has been found aboutTGTab. The issue is when there is several tabs, and a too small window, we can’t see all of them. Is there a way to display them on multi row, or to slide on the top bar (tabs name) and not on the whole TGTab ?

I hope I am clear enough :slight_smile:
Here’s a discussion a few years ago, on the same topic: TGTab: multirow or side tabs?

Thanks,
eouti

Hi eouti,

No, there is nothing new. Note you can use nested tabs, or try to use a container with a scrollbar, but as already said, this kind of issue is usually the a symptom of bad design…

Cheers, Bertrand.

Ok, I’ll try nested ones.
And moreover, I would like to know if there is a tip to enable drag and drop in order to reorganize tab names on the top of a TGTab. I’m trying to implement the same stuff available in Eclipse for example, you drag and drop the tab name at the wanted position.

Thanks,
eouti

Hi eouti,

There is no simple solution for drag and drop, especially with tabs. You can re-parent windows (e.g. when undocking and docking back frames) but this would require quite some work…
If you want some inspiration, you can run $ROOTSYS/tutorials/eve/alice_esd_split.C tutorial, to see switching, undocking, and docking frames in action.

Cheers, Bertrand.