Error while running a macro to view and convert root data into text file

I am using a macro to write my root graph data into text,
Following crash is happening when I try to view my root graph using a browser
If required I will give details of the macro.
Following is the stack of error that I am getting when I run my macro

The lines below might hint at the cause of the crash.
If they do not help you then please submit a bug report at
http://root.cern.ch/bugs. Please post the ENTIRE stack trace
from above as an attachment in addition to anything else
that might help us fixing this issue.
===========================================================
#5  0x00007fb3fd358f31 in asimage_init () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libASImage.so
#6  0x00007fb3fd359802 in destroy_asimage () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libASImage.so
#7  0x00007fb3fd3953b4 in merge_layers () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libASImage.so
#8  0x00007fb3fd33c2d6 in TASImage::Merge(TImage const*, char const*, int, int) () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libASImage.so
#9  0x00007fb4043f04bc in TGPictureButton::CreateDisabledPicture() () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libGui.so
#10 0x00007fb4043ed1cc in TGPictureButton::DoRedraw() () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libGui.so
#11 0x00007fb4043eaa3c in TGButton::SetState(EButtonState, bool) () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libGui.so
#12 0x00007fb404471384 in TGTextEditor::Build() () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libGui.so
#13 0x00007fb404472675 in TGTextEditor::TGTextEditor(char const*, TGWindow const*, unsigned int, unsigned int) () from /home/aqsa/Downloads/ROOT/root/lib/libGui.so
===========================================================

Yes, that will help …

I am attaching a tar file. To see the code you have to follow the two steps

1. untar it 
$ tar xvzf browser.tar.gz
$ cd browser
$ make
it will create an executable named general
to run the executable 
$ ./general
this will open up a window named The Master Frame. In the window using browse option you can see all the root files and after finding the relevant root graph you can press ASCII to save data in txt format (file name graph.dat).

browser.tar.gz (12.6 KB)

1 Like

good idea, thanks for!

I have two missing include files when I use you tar file:

$ make
Generating executable from general...
g++ -O -Wall -fPIC -D__USE_XOPEN2K8 -pthread -stdlib=libc++ -std=c++14 -m64 -I/Users/couet/git/roottrunk-bin/include -pthread -stdlib=libc++ -std=c++14 -m64 -I/Users/couet/git/roottrunk-bin/include -L/Users/couet/git/roottrunk-bin/lib -lCore -lImt -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lROOTVecOps -lTree -lTreePlayer -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -lMultiProc -lROOTDataFrame -lpthread -stdlib=libc++ -lm -ldl -L/usr/local/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas  -L/Users/couet/git/roottrunk-bin/lib -lGui -lCore -lImt -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lROOTVecOps -lTree -lTreePlayer -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -lMultiProc -lROOTDataFrame -lpthread -stdlib=libc++ -lm -ldl  -L/usr/local/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -o general general.cxx  generalDict.cxx
general.cxx:10:10: fatal error: 'CallFunc.h' file not found
#include <CallFunc.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
In file included from generalDict.cxx:17:
./generalDict.h:18:10: fatal error: 'G__ci.h' file not found
#include "G__ci.h"
         ^~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.

Try ROOT 5 (or “regenerate” dictionaries). :rofl: