Zeromq now working as integral part of CINT

Hi,

I have completed the creation a DLL for zeromq (zeromq.org) and the plain C binding. The performance results on a local machine are OK:

Linux-New:/home/root/cint/cint/lib/zmq # cint remote_lat.C tcp://192.168.178.126:5555 100 1000
message size: 100 [B]
roundtrip count: 1000
average latency: 22.454 [us]

Interested ?

Cheers

–Armin

1 Like

Hi Armin,

congrats! :slight_smile: Would it be OK if we put a link on the CINT web page? Do you host this code or the instructions somewhere, i.e. what should I use as link?

Cheers, Axel.

Hello Axel,

I could send you the setup script, the modified include file of zmq and the examples as located in the lib/zmq directory. So everybody could integrade it into CINT.

Zeromq is also open source and doesn’t add real depencies to CINT.

Cheers

–Armin

[quote=“Axel”]Hi Armin,

congrats! :slight_smile: Would it be OK if we put a link on the CINT web page? Do you host this code or the instructions somewhere, i.e. what should I use as link?

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

Hi Armin,

but then we would have to maintain it :slight_smile: That’s why I would prefer a link.

Cheers, Axel.

Hi Alex,

I will place the software at:

steinhoff-automation.com/cer … zmq.tar.gz
steinhoff-automation.com/cern/README

in the next ~2 weeks will follow
steinhoff-automation.com/cer … zmq.tar.gz

Further contents will be mentioned in README

Cheers

–Armin

[quote=“Axel”]Hi Armin,

but then we would have to maintain it :slight_smile: That’s why I would prefer a link.

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

Hi,

thanks. Sorry to be such a pain :slight_smile: but can you create an entry point web page? I’d like to have one single URL. Like steinhoff-automation.com/cern/

Cheers, Axel.

Hello,

it’s a pitty … our provider doesn’t support entry point web pages.
However … we will create a web page providing the URLs of the contents of the directory cern.
This will happen in the next days …

Cheers

–Armin

[quote=“Axel”]Hi,

thanks. Sorry to be such a pain :slight_smile: but can you create an entry point web page? I’d like to have one single URL. Like steinhoff-automation.com/cern/

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

Hi Armin,

great, thanks, that’s exactly what I was hoping for! Let me know when it’s ready.

Cheers, Axel.