Xproofd on 5.32.01

Hi,

I must be doing something silly, but after configure’ing and gmake’ing my just checked-out 5.32.01 ROOT release I don’t get the xproofd executable on the bin directory. This was not a problem with older versions (ex. 5.30.00). Should I explicetely enable it somehow (could not find the right handle from the configure documentation)?

Thanks,

Isidro

To add a bit more, the problems seems to be that after running configure, the xrootd target is not selected. I don’t know why since on 5.30.06 (just checked) on the same machine it works.

Cheers,

Isidro

Hi Isidro,

Starting with 5.32/00 xrootd became an external project (see root.cern.ch/root/html532/notes/ … html#proof).

There is a section here describing how to get it installed on your machine(s): root.cern.ch/drupal/content/build-prerequisites
This includes setup scripts distributed with ROOT.

Have a look and let me know.

Cheers, Gerri

Hi Gerri,

I tried your links and finally managed to install it. I decided to use rpm files for xrootd and there is where I found a few difficulties. Installing only the xrootd server package is not enough and one should go also for the client and its devel packages. The full list is:

# rpm -qa | grep xrootd
xrootd-client-devel-3.1.1-1.slc5.xu.x86_64
xrootd-client-3.1.1-1.slc5.xu.x86_64
xrootd-libs-devel-3.1.1-1.slc5.xu.x86_64
xrootd-libs-3.1.1-1.slc5.xu.x86_64
xrootd-server-3.1.1-1.slc5.xu.x86_64

Failing to include the client will not trigger xrootd as a target.

Failing to include xrootd-client-devel will trigger xrootd compilation but fail compiling with the following error:

g++ -O2 -pipe -m64 -Wshadow -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude   -pthread -I/usr/include/xrootd -I/bla/bla/root_releases/root-5.32.01/proof/proofd/inc -DROOTXRDVERS=300010001 -o net/netx/src/TXNetFile.o -c /bla/bla/root_releases/root-5.32.01/net/netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx
/bla/bla/root_releases/root-5.32.01/net/netx/src/TXNetFile.cxx:58:34: error: XrdClient/XrdClient.hh: No such file or directory

Hope this helps others that try this same direction. Cheers,

Isidro

Hi Isidro,

Thanks a lot!
I have updated the XROOTD installation page.

Gerri