XCode integration

I would like to put together an app using Cocoa under Snow Leopard and have decided to try to use XCode. One of the first things that I want to do is get the program to compile and link against the root install that I have. I used the binary install technique and placed the ROOTSYS at /usr/local/root. I just do not know how to teach XCode about root the correct way.

Now, I did manage to bang something together by editing the build and configure informations, but I thought there was an easier way.

On a related note. Getting the code completing to work… How do you get XCode to scan a set of header files so that it will provide code completion? I did it also in a haphazard way by creating an include that included all the other headers, and then added that to my project without adding it to a source file. That worked but it also seems like a hack. So I guess I am asking about some tips on getting XCode into a friendly mode to work with root.

Thanks for any help.

Justac

It should work by dragging the ROOT headers as reference in the Xcode project. Check the Xcode manual.

Cheers, Fons.