X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication. Error in <TGClient::TGClient>: can't open display "localhost:14

Dear all,

I am running some jobs on lxplus. 

I launch the program interactively in the following way:

./test -1 -300000 90 0.0005 0.01 0.01

and it works fine.

Since I should launch several jobs, i tried launching them via
sub, I launch it by launching ./start.sh, with start.sh being for example the following file:

#!/bin/bash

jobname=‘RUN10097’
bsub -q 8nh -J $jobname test -1 -300000 90 0.0005 0.01 0.01

But I get the following e-mail:

Exited
The output (if any) follows:

@(#)CERN job starter Date: 2010/06/23 14:22:16
Working directory is </pool/lsf/fbelloni/842352278> on <p01001532233337.cern.ch>

Error in TGClient::TGClient: can’t open display “lxplus085.cern.ch:75.0”, switching to batch mode…
[…]

The output files are empty.
The “main” file looks like the file in attachment (see the bottom part of the attached file).
How should I modify my input to launch the job correctly, please?

Thanks,
regards,
Franciuska

P.S.
I am quite pressed to have results because I am under dead line. Any help is really appreciated.
Step13TTree.c (33.5 KB)

Hi,

starting a TApplication in batch jobs it does not make much sense as you would fire up one for interactive work only. Can you remove it?

Cheers,
Danilo

PS
What beam are you studying?

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

In the end it seems everything is fine. Sometimes it crashes with the TGClient error, but most of the time the jobs finish.

In any case, I will try to remove TApplication.
Thanks a lot,

regards,
franciuska

P.S.
ESS beam

Hi,

The message:Error in <TGClient::TGClient>: can't open display "lxplus085.cern.ch:75.0", switching to batch mode.. ... Sometimes it crashes with the TGClient error, but most of the time the jobs finish.
This ‘can’t open’ display should not lead to a crash, the only consequence is that there would not be any graphical output … How does it crash?

Cheers,
Philippe.