Windows Installers are not signed

I have downloaded ROOT binary installer from https://root.cern/download/root_v6.32.00.win64.vc17.exe. When running the executable Windows prompts that the executable is untrusted. Checking the executable shows that it’s not signed.

Question:

Is it possible to sign the executables to ensure that they haven’t been modified?

Maybe at the least provide some MD5 hashes on the website so that I can compare the downloaded executable to the hash?

Welcome to the ROOT Forum!
Thank you for posting, we are aware of the issue and working on a solution…

Great! Thanks for the update.

1 Like

@bellenot:

I just downloaded the latest release and found the same issue. See the following image.

Is there a ticketing system or other way that I can track the progress of this work?

@ferhue :

I couldn’t find an existing bug report for this. I was in the process of opening a new one and it asked me if I had checked Jira for a duplicate. I clicked on the link provided and I get the following message:

I suspect I don’t have permissions to view the Jira project. Any advice here?

No worries, JIRA is an old bug tracking system that is no longer public. Go ahead without checking that.

@ferhue : Will do. Thanks!

Opened bug report in GitHub. I can’t link directly but the the issue ID is #15896.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.