What does "(), Line:-1" mean?

I compile one class by using rootcint (rootcint -f aDict.cxx -c a.h aLinkDef.h)
and rootcint returns b, Line:-1[/b] in a terminal, and I can find aDict.cxx/h files in the same directory. Does anyone have any idea about the meaning of “(), Line:-1”?

Sorry, I selected the wrong category, I cannot find how to move/delete this entry to cint one. If someone can help me, please move this to the right category. Thank you.

Hi,

It usually means that there is a syntax error in the source files (a.h or aLinkDef.h). Usually this is clarified when compiling the code (a.h). If the code compiles cleanly then you might have encounter a limitation in CINT and finding out what it is might (unfortunately) take reducing the files (a.h aLinkDef.h) as much as possible until the problem disappear.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi Philippe.

Thank you for your reply. By the way, it returns “(), Line:0” on my 64 Debian Lenny.
I reduced header files, which are in a.h, one by one. Then I found one header file makes trouble. Let me call this header file as debug.h

This debug.h file has the following codes, which I am using to do some debug by hand

#define LOG_FORMAT1 "*****DEBUG***** File:%s, Function:%s(), Line:%d\n" #define LOG_FORMAT2 __FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__// , __VA_ARGS__ C99 macro #define LOG_PRINT printf(LOG_FORMAT1,LOG_FORMAT2)

After I add ifndef in a.h

#ifndef __CINT__ #include "debug.h" #endif
, the (), Line message is gone.

Thank you again.

Jeonghan