Weird installation path

Hi,

I have the string “Linux_CentOS5.3-x86_64-gcc4.1.2” in the ROOTSYS path.

When compiling root 5.28 (linuxx8664gcc), right after lib/libCore.so is done, somehow the make system removes the “-x” from the path (so it becomes inux_CentOS5.386_64-gcc4.1.2) and stops because it can’t find files anymore.

I temp-fixed this by making a symbolic link in my directory:

ln -s Linux_CentOS5.3-x86_64-gcc4.1.2 Linux_CentOS5.386_64-gcc4.1.2

but fixing the make system would be better.

regards,
mauri

Hi,

thanks for reporting. This issue has now been fixed in the trunk and in the v5-28-00 patches branch. See root.cern.ch/drupal/content/root … ease-notes.

Cheers, Fons.

Dear Fons,

That’s great, thanks.

You might also want to address the include and libraries path.

My understanding is that there should be a “root” subdirectory in both those directories. But 5.28 doesn’t have that. And root-config returns the subdirectory root, not the include only. Again, fixable with links :slight_smile:

thanks,
mauri

Hi,

where exactly in the include and library paths? Doing which command? root-config ?

Cheers, Fons.

Let me rephrase the problem:

When I type root-config it correctly reports $ROOTSYS/lib/root and $ROOTSYS/include/root

but in RHEL5 all the libraries and includes are in $ROOTSYS/lib and $ROOTSYS/include instead (as it was a few versions of ROOT ago).

I also just realized that I only have this problem in RHEL5 machines (x86).

Is that what you were asking?

cheers,
mauri

Which root-config do you use? As system wide one, pointing to globally installed ROOT, or you private one?

Cheers, Fons.

I use the one from the installation, i.e. $ROOTSYS/bin/root-config

$ROOTSYS/bin/root-config --incdir
/site/12gev_phys/Linux_RHEL5-i686-gcc4.1.2/root/5.28/include/root

ls /site/12gev_phys/Linux_RHEL5-i686-gcc4.1.2/root/5.28/include/root

all the includes are in /site/12gev_phys/Linux_RHEL5-i686-gcc4.1.2/root/5.28/include/

mauri

Dear Fons,

before waisting more of your time let me make sure my installation is 100% correct. I have doubts that my compilation and installation directories are the same, and that’s always source of troubles.

cheers,
mauri

As I suspected, it was the root installation, sorry to have waisted your time - but thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

sincerely,
mauri