Weird graphic rendering (Mac OS X 10.8 w/o X11)

Hi,

I’m trying to use root trunk on my MBP (under 10.8.1) without Xquartz (and w/o MacPorts btw). So far it seems to be working fine :smiley: but I’m observing a strange rendering of the Proof Query Progress window… Is this a known problem ?

Regards,

[quote=“aphecetche”]Hi,

I’m trying to use root trunk on my MBP (under 10.8.1) without Xquartz (and w/o MacPorts btw). So far it seems to be working fine :smiley: but I’m observing a strange rendering of the Proof Query Progress window… Is this a known problem ?

Regards,[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the feedback. No, this is not a known problem :slight_smile: I’ll investigate this issue.

P.S.

In general, do you see many glitches? (I’m working on Cocoa port, my main problem - it’s quite difficult to test everything, I see only a small subset I’m currently working on, so any user’s feedback is really appreciated).

Hi,

Well, I’ve not used this new setup much, but there’s one thing I’ve noticed also (see screenshots below where hopefully it can be seen): for one of our GUI, it seems the lines are “bolder” than with X11/Xquartz…

Regards,

[quote=“aphecetche”]Hi,

Well, I’ve not used this new setup much, but there’s one thing I’ve noticed also (see screenshots below where hopefully it can be seen): for one of our GUI, it seems the lines are “bolder” than with X11/Xquartz…

Regards,[/quote]

Yes, you are right, they are bolder - they are anti-aliased by default. Is it bad/is it a problem? (I think, we can add some global setting to check, if TVirtualX should use anti-alisasing).

It’s not a critical problem, but it would be nice to have the same behavior (being aliased or not) with or without X11, i.e. on all platforms.

:slight_smile: I’m (fortunately) is not responsible for all platforms :slight_smile: And I think, there is no reason not to use something, just because X11 does not have it :slight_smile:

Well, maybe, but then, there’s also the backward compatibility issue. Anyway, as a “client” I’d need an API to know whether on not anti-aliasing is in effect or not, so I can insure that my GUI is looking the same on all platforms.

Yes, I think, we can use system.rootrc or something like this to define the desired behaviour.
Anyway, I’ve fixed this strange window in a trunk.