filterEffeciency.push_back( 1.0 );
testing(filterEffeciency);
}[/code]

And this is when I try to run it from the command line:

$ root -l -b -q "testing.C()"
TDR Style initialized
root [0]
Processing testing.C()…
Error: Can’t call vector<float,allocator >::vector<float,allocator >((class vector)137732928) in current scope testing.C:3:
Possible candidates are…
(in vector<float,allocator >)
/afs/hep.wisc.edu/osg/app_ro/cmssoft/cms/slc4_ia32_gcc345/lcg/root/5.22.00a-cms18/cint/cint/stl/vector.dll -1:-1 0 public: vector<float,allocator > vector<float,allocator >::vector<float,allocator >(void);
/afs/hep.wisc.edu/osg/app_ro/cmssoft/cms/slc4_ia32_gcc345/lcg/root/5.22.00a-cms18/cint/cint/stl/vector.dll -1:-1 0 public: vector<float,allocator > vector<float,allocator >::vector<float,allocator >(vector<float,allocator >::size_type n,const float& value=float());
/afs/hep.wisc.edu/osg/app_ro/cmssoft/cms/slc4_ia32_gcc345/lcg/root/5.22.00a-cms18/cint/cint/stl/vector.dll -1:-1 0 public: vector<float,allocator > vector<float,allocator >::vector<float,allocator >(const vector<float,allocator >& x);
/afs/hep.wisc.edu/osg/app_ro/cmssoft/cms/slc4_ia32_gcc345/lcg/root/5.22.00a-cms18/cint/cint/stl/vector.dll -1:-1 0 public: vector<float,allocator > vector<float,allocator >::vector<float,allocator >(vector<float,allocator >::const_iterator first,vector<float,allocator >::const_iterator last);
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Dear mbanderson,

I have unsuccessfully tried to reproduce your problem using exactly the same distribution as you from out 32-bit test machine:

One potential difference is the way you set the ROOT environment (here done by the ‘source’ line): can you check that?

G. Ganis

the problem I had above may or may not be related to a bug I had found a different point in time that may be fixed by now.

"c++ vector scope issue?"
savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?func=det … m_id=48289

Hi,

In the original problem it looks like the dictionary for vector was not automatically loaded (by the #include ) as it should have. It could have been a flaw either in the ROOT code or in your build of the source.

Either way a good work-around is to simply use:root -l -b -q "testing.C+()"

Cheers,
Philippe.