Usolids/TGeo Integration

I tried to use usolids library (edms.cern.ch/document/1317067/1 in STEP file. The geometry is designed to use with MARS Monte Carlo code sysrem(FNAL). It seems that attempt was successful, at least one can see crab cavity in MARS geometry viewer.
It would be good to clarify when promised integration TGeo/usolids will be finished, including GDML import/export features. Thank you.

Hi,
There will be a first stamp of the USolids library in December which will qualify it as a beta release. We expect the integration of the TGeo bridge classes that will alow the use of USolids in TGeo in the first quarter 2014. The GDML support will follow this shortly.

Regards,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,
Thank you for clarification with dates. :confused: It would be good to get it faster. But what is bridge class? Is it something like TGeoUShape ?
Regards,
Igor Tropin

Hi Igor,

Right, the bridge is a specialized TGeoShape allowing to use a USolid shape with TGeo.

Regards,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,
One observation for TGeoUShape. Probably in description and definition of the class function

has to be changed to   

with this replacement I get correct cross section of cavity in MARS GUI. Shape
of cavity is produced by means of UTessellatedSolid. Before correction only bounding box of cavity
was shown in geometry viewer, instead of cavity itself, i.e. function Contains was not overloaded.
My environment, for the case: fc18.x86_64, gcc version 4.7.2, ROOT 5.34/10

Regards,
Igor

Hi Igor,

Sure, I will review the code - there are also few other changes to be done.
Cheers,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,
Ok, when GDML part of code will be reviewed , please pay also attention to the fact that if AddNodeOverlap is used in geometry construction to add overlapped nodes, then export to GDML gives geometry with overlaps. Import gdml represenetation back to the TGeo also gives geometry with overlapped nodes.
Cheers,
Igor