Using TreeViewer quickly to plot two variables in 2D

Hi all -

I’m looking to do a bit of quick and dirty checking of some data with some of my students and rather than do things via command line, I’d rather quickly use Tree Viewer to create 2D plots of the two variables. I rarely use TreeViewer, but remember back in the dark past, if I’m not imagining things, that you could create 2D plots of variables by dragging and dropping variables somewhere on the GUI. I can’t find ANY help that indicates that this functionality still exists - but if it is possible to make 2D plots of leaf_1 vs leaf_2 in Tree Viewer, I’d love to know how one does it. Any help is appreciated,

Todd Pedlar

_ROOT Version: 6.28/04
_Platform: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Compiler: linuxx8664gcc

Hi Todd,

Let me add @bellenot in the loop about your specific question.
Could you perhaps elaborate about the difficulty your students are encountering with doing 2D plots with RDF, e.g.:

auto myGraph = myDf.Graph("xValues", "yValues");
myGraph.Draw("AP");

?
Our Program of Work foresees that we revamp our code examples and we are always interested in feedback from people involved in teaching!

Cheers,
D

About the tree viewer, simply drag the variables in the x: and y: and then, if you don’t already have a canvas open, select New Canvas from the File menu and click on the Update the tree viewer image button