Using local version of library (TUnfold) with PyROOT

Hi all,

I am trying to use the latest version of the TUnfold package (17.6) instead of the default version in ROOT 6/06 (which is 17.1) together with PyROOT. Regardless of linking to my local library:

gSystem.Load(“libunfold.so”)

when I import TUnfold from ROOT it picks up the old version. If I don’t import TUnfold but simply load the library, this doesn’t pick up TUnfold at all. Any suggestions for what I am doing wrong…?

Thanks,
Louise

Hi Louise,

do you see the correct path in the debug message when, from the prompt, you type:

gDebug=1;
gSystem.Load("libunfold.so");

Cheers,
D

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply! Indeed there were problems with the library that I had not noticed. It gives an error when loading:

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): /…/libunfold.so: undefined symbol: _ZN17TUnfoldBinningV178StreamerER7TBuffer

The library successfully compiles though (no errors or warnings)? This is all on lxplus (with ROOT 6/06/01), as attempting to compile on my laptop resulted in the error discussed on this thread: Failing to link external library (TUnfold) (and the suggested solution failed).

Thanks,
Louise

Hi,

TUnfold 17.6 is part of ROOT 6.10. I think upgrading ROOT to 6.10/04 is an option to avoid you solving these issues.

Cheers,
D

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.