Using GlitePROOF

Hi

We have a T-3 for ATLAS. The LCG/gLite site is IN2P3-CPPM.
We did a MC production of several millions of events and the ntuples (~ 15000 for the moment, ~ 50 MB each) are stored on our DPM storage element (several Tb).
Now we want to run an analysis (using root 5.18) on these ntuples. We tried yesterday to run them using the rfio protocol (several jobs, each job using 100 files). The SE was in a bad shape this morning …
We can reduce the number of files if I merge some of them.
But it could be better to use gLitePROOF+xrootd. I just wanted to know if it could work in our case before trying to setup it at our site.

Cheers

Karim

[quote=“karim”]Hi

We have a T-3 for ATLAS. The LCG/gLite site is IN2P3-CPPM.
We did a MC production of several millions of events and the ntuples (~ 15000 for the moment, ~ 50 MB each) are stored on our DPM storage element (several Tb).
Now we want to run an analysis (using root 5.18) on these ntuples. We tried yesterday to run them using the rfio protocol (several jobs, each job using 100 files). The SE was in a bad shape this morning …
We can reduce the number of files if I merge some of them.
But it could be better to use gLitePROOF+xrootd. I just wanted to know if it could work in our case before trying to setup it at our site.

Cheers

Karim[/quote]
it actually should work. Could you please wait until Monday, then I will release a bit improved version of gLitePROOF.
Be advised, that gLitePROOF is still not in a final shape - an alpha version I would say, but operational. Anyway I will help you to install, configure and use it. Also possible to implement fixes and features “on the flay”.

If you interested please send you contact to A.Manafov@gsi.de