Using Fastjet with ROOT

Hi,

I am attempting to use the Fastjet software within a ROOT program. I have tried everything I can think of to properly link the fastjet libraries to my program, but I am still getting error messages such as:

Error: cannot open file "fastjet/ClusterSequence.hh" /cluster/home/j/b/jburzy01/HEP/results/short-example.cc:2: *** Interpreter error recovered ***

or

In the above error message, the include path is not the correct path despite me trying both the commands

.include /path/to/fastjet/include

and

gSystem->Load("/cluster/home/j/b/jburzy01/HEP/results/fastjet-install/lib/libfastjet.so");
gSystem->AddIncludePath("-I /cluster/home/j/b/jburzy01/HEP/results/fastjet-install/include/");

I have tried using gInterpreter instead of gSystem, I have tried everything with -I and without -I. I am truly at a loss and none of the other posts on this topic have helped. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get fastjet to work?

Thanks,

Jackson

Well, check that the file “/cluster/home/j/b/jburzy01/HEP/results/fastjet-install/include/fastjet/ClusterSequence.hh” really exists.

In any case, both commands should work fine: gInterpreter->AddIncludePath("/cluster/home/j/b/jburzy01/HEP/results/fastjet-install/include"); gSystem->AddIncludePath("-I/cluster/home/j/b/jburzy01/HEP/results/fastjet-install/include"); Try: std::cout << gInterpreter->GetIncludePath() << std::endl; std::cout << gSystem->GetIncludePath() << std::endl;
BTW. I suspect that your “libfastjet.so” does not contain any ROOT dictionary, so you will always need to pre-compile your macros using ACLiC (i.e. “interpreted code” that tries to use “libfastjet.so” classes / functions will not work).