Unmatched version numbers, constructur initialization

Hello. I install PYTHIA8185 and Root. When I try to do make hist and see the output, I got the following message?

[i] PYTHIA Abort from Pythia::Pythia: unmatched version numbers : in code 8.176 but in XML 8.185
PYTHIA Abort from Pythia::init: constructur initialization failed

------- PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ----------------------------------------------------------
| |
| times message |
| |
| 1 Abort from Pythia::Pythia: unmatched version numbers |
| 1 Abort from Pythia::init: constructur initialization failed |
| |
------- End PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ------------------------------------------------------

Double click on the histogram window to quit.[/i]

How do I fix this?

1 Like

Hi,

it is very hard to understand with the current information what is actually going on.
which version of root are you using? How do you compile it? What did you concretely tried to do (code)?

Danilo

Hi,

I am using root 5.34/09. I am only trying to do a make in rootexamples in PYTHIA8185. I am using the hist code in rootexamples directory. The displayed graph has no histogram (0 Entry).

Hi,

this could be a misconfiguration of your setup.
I downloaded and compiled Pythia 8185 , compiled the hist example and ran it.
I configured my root with the command

./configure --enable-roofit

I cannot reproduce the issue either with 5 and 6 root versions.

Cheers,
Danilo

Hi

I had the same problem,i installed root5.34 and pythia8185 fully but i faced with this problem.[of course i ran rootexmple files]
I installed an old version of pythia(pythia 8180) and solved my problem.
If you see this file “Pythia.cc” in /pythia8185/src address and go to 25th line and 109-118th line,you got it.

Best regards,
Nasoot