Undefined symbol ?TInitBehavior? (mac os x)

Hi:

I am buiding a shared library for version 5.04/00 on Mac OS X Tiger.
Compiling and building the library works just fine, however when I want to load the library I get two undefined symbols (see below). I ran them symbol through c++filt but it could not unmangle them.

It appearently has something to do with TInitBehavior. I am afraid the my problem has something to do with the way I created the _Cint.cxx/h files.

Has anybody an idea what I might have done wrong ?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Frank

root [0] gSystem->Load(“build/StarClassLibrary.so.bundle/Contents/MacOS/StarClassLibrary.so”);
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZN4ROOT17TGenericClassInfoC1EPKciS2_iRKSt9type_infoPKNS_13TInitBehaviorEPFvvEPFP6TClassPKvEii
Referenced from: /Users/laue/Xcode/Star/./build/StarClassLibrary.so.bundle/Contents/MacOS/StarClassLibrary.so
Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN4ROOT17TGenericClassInfoC1EPKciS2_iRKSt9type_infoPKNS_13TInitBehaviorEPFvvEPFP6TClassPKvEii
Referenced from: /Users/laue/Xcode/Star/./build/StarClassLibrary.so.bundle/Contents/MacOS/StarClassLibrary.so
Expected in: flat namespace

Hi:

Just to followup. When I compile/build the library in root_4.04/02, I can load the library without problems. All the sources, compiler, linker and rootcint command and options are exactly the same. I just change the $ROOTSYS to point at 4.04/02.

Frank

Hi,

You might need to regenerate the dictionary with the correct version of rootcint.

[quote]I just change the $ROOTSYS to point at 4.04/02. [/quote]Then you makefile might use $PATH to find rootcint and find the incorrect version!.

So check that you $PATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and $ROOTSYS all agree. Also check that you makefile/build script do not have any hard coded path.

Cheers,
Philippe.