Undeclared identifier TGDMLParse

Hi,

I’m trying to use the TGeoManager features for GDML files. Upon attempting to import the gdml model I get an error about TGDMLParse.

root [0] TGeoManager::Import("model.gdml")
Info in <TGeoManager::Import>: Reading geometry from file: model.gdml
Info in <TGeoManager::TGeoManager>: Geometry GDMLImport, Geometry imported from GDML created
input_line_12:2:2: error: use of undeclared identifier 'TGDMLParse'
 TGDMLParse::StartGDML("model.gdml")
 ^
Error in <TGeoManager::Import>: Cannot open file
(TGeoManager *) 0x2ac4b30
root [1] TGDMLParse
input_line_17:2:3: error: use of undeclared identifier 'TGDMLParse'
 (TGDMLParse)
  ^

This is on ROOT 6.08/04 with the followings features:

$ root-config --features
asimage astiff bonjour builtin_llvm cxx11 cling davix dcache exceptions explicitlink fftw3 fitsio fortran g
viz gdml geocad genvector gfal globus gnuinstall gsl_shared http krb5 ldap mathmore memstat minuit2 mysql o
dbc opengl pch pgsql pythia8 python qt qtgsi roofit r rfio shadowpw shared soversion sqlite ssl table threa
d tmva unuran vdt xft xml x11 xrootd

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick cross check - do you have $ROOTSYS/lib/libGdml.so?

Cheers, Axel.

I do have libGdml.so. You can also see it is listed as a feature.

Hi,

Thanks. I don’t trust that feature list :slight_smile: Then that sounds like an issue with TGDMLParse itself - @agheata, mind taking a look? (He’s on a trip right now, it might take a day for him to reply).

Cheers, Axel.

Good to know about the features option.

Actually, I double checked and after recompiling to enable libGeom the libGdml library has disappeared. Initially libGdml was available, but libGeom was not. I do not manage this installation and had to contact the administrator to update the install with libGeom. It seems that libGdml was removed in the process. I will have to contact the administrator to get the compile details and see what the issue was there.

Sorry for the confusion, I should have double checked.

Sorry for stepping in so late - I was traveling. Anyway I didn’t have a better answer than Axel - if gdml feature is enabled it normally works out of the box.

Best, Andrei

Turns out ROOT was installed from an rpm. That is all I have at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.