Unable to find libCore.so for conda installation of ROOT

I am using CheckMATE its unable to find the libCore.so when I run it I get the error.

/home/XXX/HEPTools/CHECKMATE/checkmate2/tools/fritz/bin/fritz: error while loading shared libraries: libCore.so.6.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I installed ROOT through conda and used the build instructions of checkMate as found on their GitHub (no errors there).
The libCore.so exists in ~/miniforge3/envs/hep/lib/libCore.so but CheckMate is unable to find it. It seems to be a personal issue (I had to use the conda installation since I am working on a server where I could not build root by source).

I am also attaching my echo $PATH in case.

/home/XXX/HEPTools/MADGRAPH/MG5_aMC_v3_5_3/Delphes:/home/XXX/HEPTools/MADGRAPH/MG5_aMC_v3_5_3/ExRootAnalysis:/usr/local/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux:/home/XXX/HEPTools/MADGRAPH/MG5_aMC_v3_5_3/Delphes:/home/XXX/HEPTools/MADGRAPH/MG5_aMC_v3_5_3/ExRootAnalysis:root/usr/sbin:root/usr/bin:root/bin:/usr/local/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux:/home/XXX/HEPTools/MADGRAPH/MG5_aMC_v3_5_3/Delphes:/home/XXX/HEPTools/MADGRAPH/MG5_aMC_v3_5_3/ExRootAnalysis:/home/XXX/miniforge3/envs/hep/bin:/home/XXX/miniforge3/condabin:root/usr/sbin:root/usr/bin:root/bin:/usr/local/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux:/opt/openmpi/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.0.128/linux/bin/intel64:/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.0.128/linux/mpi/intel64/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/ganglia/bin:/opt/ganglia/sbin:/opt/ibutils/bin:/opt/rocks/bin:/opt/rocks/sbin:/opt/gridengine/bin/lx-amd64:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin:/home/XXX/.local/bin:/home/XXX/bin

ROOT Version: 6.30/04
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi,

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues.
The problem seems to be related to your environment. For example, your tool is trying to find libCore for ROOT version 6.26, while from the post it seems to me you are trying to use ROOT 6.30.04.

My suggestion would be to restart everything from a clean environment and debug step by step the issue.

Best,
D

Hi,
Thank you so much for your support. Sorry, I couldn’t get back sooner.

I see what you mean. I installed ROOT 6.26 and rebuilt CheckMATE, only to be met with
/home/XXX/HEPTools/CHECKMATE/checkmate2/tools/fritz/bin/fritz: error while loading shared libraries: libCore.so.6.30: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
(Rebuilt with ROOT6.30 and back to the error with 6.26)

I’ll try to redo the build again and see if I missed anything. I’ll also try to talk to the CheckMATE team and post here for any updates. Meanwhile would be open to any other suggestions you might have.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.