TVectorProxy not found

Hi all,
I’m trying to compile a class using

gROOT->ProcessLine(".x IfrDataSet.C+") from a macro file (run_IfrStripMulti.C), but I get this message

Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library
IfrDataMCUser/IfrDataSet_C.so
IfrDataMCUser/filem6NvaD.cxx:29:26: TVectorProxy.h: No such file or directory
g++: IfrDataMCUser/filem6NvaD.o: No such file or directory

Error in : Compilation failed!
Error: Function IfrDataSet() is not defined in current scope FILE: IfrDataMCUser/run_IfrStripMulti.C LINE:6
Possible candidates are…
filename line:size busy function type and name
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

What is this TVectorProxy.h?
I’m using ROOT 4.04/02b

Thank you for your help!!!

TVectorProxy.h is part of the support for std::vector in ROOT.
This error messages means that you have an incompatibility between either ROOTSYS, PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Somehow those 3 variables do not all point to the same version of ROOT.

Cheers,
Philippe.

[quote=“pcanal”]This error messages means that you have an incompatibility between either ROOTSYS, PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Somehow those 3 variables do not all point to the same version of ROOT.
[/quote]

Yes, I had a look at my .login file and I found a definition of these variables to an old ROOT version

Thank you!

I have , but the same problem, but the problem are not the variables mentioned. I try to transver my programs from 4.00.08 to 4.04.02. I isolated the proble to the smallest possible class, and a small main program, added the shell output for both versions of root, and packed all in the attached file. From the output file one can see that the variables are ok, but it still does not work for 4.04.02 (It also does not work for 5.08/00b).
comp.tar (50 KB)

Hi,

remove FTrackDict.cpp/.h, and re-generate them. The dicts are incompatible between 4.00 and 4.04.

Axel.